Wednesday, March 28, 2007

My New Goal!


For a while I was receiving Backpacker magazine and wasn't paying for it. In the last magazine I got there was an article about hiking the Appalachian Trail. It's supposed to take a season to hike all the way from Maine to Georgia or vice versa. I love God's creation. Seeing and exploring it shows me a glimpse of how powerful and awesome God truly is. I am honored that He has created this earth and the universe so that I could admire it and see His glory. So, when I finish up my Master's program (Youth Ministry from Indiana Wesleyan) I am going to take a summer to hike the Appalachian Trail. I am going to be done with the degree in December of 2008, so in the summer of 2009, anyone can join me on this adventure. I want and need this time to reflect on what God is doing in my life. In the solitude of nature, I will be able to hear God's call better. There won't be any cell phones, e-mails, blogs, appointments, or classes. It will be me (and anyone who decides to come along), God, and His creation.

As a side note, I called this my new goal, because I have three other goals in my life. They are to get as close to a volcano as possible, to chase a tornado, and to get struck by lightning and live to tell about it. Crazy, I know, but that's the mad scientist in me!

3 comments:

Dan Z said...

I was struck by lightning once. It's not that bad....you could handle it.

Crosby said...

Excellent! Hope everything's going well for you Dan. Take care brother.

jmjana said...

dan you were NOT struck by lightning
and if you were, why the HECK have i never heard that story???